Friday, December 21, 2018, is National Ugly Holiday Sweater Day (apparently?). To celebrate, Alaska Airlines is offering priority boarding to those who wear ugly holiday sweaters on that day. This is also a promotion they offered last year, so I guess you could say they’re bringing it back by popular demand
The Prize: A trip for 2 to Cancun, Mexico
- Round trip air travel on Southwest Airline
- 4 nights at Reflect Krystal Grand Cancun
- Round trip airport/hotel transfers.
- Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and DC
- Must be 21 years of age or older to enter
- There is a limit of one entry per person
Enter before December 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
Find out more and enter for a chance to win the prize here.
- Starting at 24,000 miles round-trip plus taxes and fees, round-trip purchase required (Main Cabin). Additional fees/restrictions/baggage charges may apply.
- Purchase by December 19, 2018
- Travel: March 1 – April 19, 2019
If American Airlines was to sponsor Alaska’s entry into the oneworld connect program AAdvantage members would regain a lot of the benefits they lost when American pulled the plug on its relationship with Alaska Airlines.
- Earning AAdvantage Miles when flying on Alaska Airlines marketed and operated flights
- Earning credit towards AAdvantage elite status when flying on Alaska Airlines marketed and operated flights
- Having access to select Alaska Airlines lounges
Should this transpire it would be great news for US flyers (especially those of us on the West Coast)…but there has to be some doubt as to whether or not American would actually sponsor Alaska Airlines’ in the first place.
American Airlines Cruises is giving away 1,000,000 American Airlines miles in a new sweepstakes!
The grand prize winner will win 500,000 American Airlines miles and a cruise for two! The other half million miles will be divided up among five first-place winners.
American Airlines miles seem to be pretty much impossible to redeem these days around any holiday. However, they still have value. Without AA miles, it’s highly unlikely that the Michael W Travels family would’ve had a chance to stay at the Park Hyatt St Kitts.
Grand Prize: (one winner)
- 500,000 American Airlines miles
- A $3,000 cruise voucher which can be redeemed at
First Prize: (5 winners)
- 100,000 American Airlines miles
- Open to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and D.C.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of entry
- There is a limit of one entry per person during the sweepstakes period
- Grand prize winner’s cruise voucher is valid for travel until March 31, 2020
Enter by 11:59:59 pm ET on January 31, 2019.
Find out more & enter for a chance to win a share of 1,000,000 American Airlines miles here.
United Airlines has cheap Australia flights from $649 to $670 round trip for nonstop flights from Los Angeles and San Francisco to Sydney, Australia for departures from December 2018 through September 2019.
There are plenty of summer 2019 dates available in June, late July and August at $649 to $670 round trip for nonstop travel June to August with United Airlines.
From LAX, there are also similar prices with Delta/Virgin Australia.
In fact, there are many cities around Australia priced around $650-$700 round trip with Virgin Australia like Melbourne $637, Brisbane $653, Cairns $674 and Hobart, Tasmania for $706.
Cathay Pacific has just launched a “Black Friday” sale that has the potential to be pretty lucrative. You can save $1,000 off the cost of a business class ticket or $500 off the cost of a premium economy ticket when you use promotion code HOLIDAY.
- Sale dates: November 19-27, 2018
- Travel dates: January 1 through May 15, 2019
- Eligible origins: SFO, LAX, ORD, JFK, EWR, BOS, SEA, IAD
- Eligible destinations: All of Asia on Cathay Pacific operated flights
- Length of stay requirements: no minimum stay, six month maximum stay for business class, three month maximum stay for premium economy
The promo page has a listing of some of the better fares that are available.
Delta is out with a new bonus miles promotion where you can earn an easy 1,000 bonus. If you have some holiday shopping to do, check this one out!
- 500 bonus miles when you spend $150
- 1,000 bonus miles when you spend $300
- Runs from 11/5/18-11/18/18
In addition to either 100,000 qualifying miles or 120 segments American’s ‘Executive Platinum’ status will require $15,000 spend starting in 2019, up from the current $12,000 spend requirement.
There are no changes to qualifying rules for lower elite tiers at this time. Although of course they’re gutting earning of qualifying dollars via credit card spend too.
None of this should come as a surprise, and simply continues a trajectory that’s been set.